Wednesday 13 July 2011

Dharmendra in Raja Jani (1972)

Suave Dharmendra
Dharmendra's style in this film is what I'd call 'cool mobster', I loved most if not all of his outfits in this cute retro rom com. His style ranged from from Bright suits, smart jumpers, sleek tuxedos paired with Kentucky bow ties and a funky bath robe too
I absolutely loved him in this herringbone suit paired with a Lilac shirt and what looks like a paisley tie, all the colours  compliment each other, Tres fab!
Lovely and effortless pairing of double breasted Jacket and Turtle neck polo

I love the idea of combining two shades of blue
Wicked combo Dharmendra! take note guys, notice how he has paired his stripy blazer with a pair of  block coloured pants

I loved him in this strappy waist coat, its very 70's, I'm not sure how it'd work now, It was paired with a pair of pants in the same colour

Those sunglasses are cool
This double waisted waistcoat outfit looked great on him, but I doubt most everyday folks will be able to pull it off

Looking very dandy in a waistcoat, shirt and cravat combo

Superb sunglasses once more
he looked might dapper in this cream Dinner jacket with a kentucky bow tie and those sunglasses round off the outfit beautifully

This is one of my all time favourite looks from Dharmendra, I'm in love with his bright Orange  (or is it coral) Dinner Jacket paired with a  white shirt, kentucky bow tie and black pants, tres Chic!!!

This was the only traditional look he had in this film, and he looked might fine in his sherwani and Pagri combo


I loved that shirt on him, what a nice print, its something I'd wear
I'm not a big fan of the hem line on the pants here and i think they bring down the whole look, the trousers should have been pulled down a bit, I think he might be wearing it a bit too high 
Lovely shirt and what a Handsome man Dharmendra is
yet another printed silk shirt, I love this one more

he also wore some lovely Jumpers, I love the stripy detail on the polo neck above
Showing off some legs in his tennis outfit
This should have all Dharmendra's fans drooling, and that is a lovely bath robe
here he is in yet another funky robe
 Overall Dharmendra's wardrobe in this film was to die for, and it totally suited his character as a conman, major appreciation to his Costumer whom the movie credits as Ram Multani, his IMDb page lists a few other films where he was in charge of costuming, I'll definitely have to check them out as I was impressed with his work in this


read the movie review here

Next in line would be Hema Malini the female lead in this cute stylish drama/rom com, who also had some lovely outfits. If you're interested in seeing this movie, its available on dvd here





12 comments:

Sharmi Adhikary said...

love dharmendrs in whatever he wears... he is so extremely handsome

R Way said...

I love Dharamendra, his films, everything about him. Though he could not dance, only hero to do so in hindi cinema, he was very successful. You should watch n review "Aadmi aur Insaan", Charas,AAya sawan jhum kay, aaye din bahar kay etc etc.

A very remarkable blog .I like it.
Good luck Chuck.lolz.

Bollywood Movie Fashion Blog said...

@ Sharmi Indeed, his style in the 80's is nothing to write home about though

@ R Way thanks so much for your very kind words, i have seen all those films and I shall be sharing the fashion from them on here at some point

Unknown said...

Those are some seriously fantastic sunglasses!
online eyewear india

RoNeY said...

Best collection of shayari ,qoutes and status.
Sorry Status
badmashi status
whatsapp Bio
Rajput Status
Army Status
Sad Shayari
Jaat Status
Gussa Status

Aka said...

Thanks For Sharing Nice Content! Telugu Mp3 Love Ringtone Telugu Ringtones Download New Mp3 Ringtone Download Telugu Best Ringtone

Aka said...


Download Telugu Ringtone Mp3 Love Telugu Popular Ringtone
Telugu Ringtone
Telugu Ringtone
Telugu Ringtone

$$$$ said...

Download Exclusive Collection Krishna Ringtone Mp3 and Krishna Flute Ringtone Mp3 or M4r.

$$$$ said...

Best Collection of Rajasthani Ringtones Mp3 Download For free.

$$$$ said...

Download Gujarati Ringtone Mp3 Music Ringtone.

allstarzgamecomm said...

What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. 슬롯추천
(mm)

yadongbiz said...


Great web site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to several friends ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks in your effort! 야설
Feel free to visit my blog :
야설